How to Fix Windows Update 8024402c Error in Windows 10?
In Windows operating system, the 8024402c error is quite a common bug. The issue highlights an incompatibility to find and search for any latest updates. It is one of the daunting causes as the issue shows inconsistency in the network settings.
Plus, the inability of the DNS address with Microsoft servers can take to the error 8024402c. Some common factors such as obsolete HDD, connectivity, etc. can also create a complicated situation too. Luckily, here are some methods that one can utilize to get rid of such a hassle in no time.
Method 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall
In these situations, it is highly suggested to disable the Windows Firewall. There are a number of chances of Windows Defender Firewall stopping Windows from reaching server of the Microsoft. Hence, check out the steps and know how to do turn off it with ease.
- First and foremost, tap Win + Q hotkeys and open the Taskbar search.
- Write the CP in the text area.
- From the search result, choose the Control Panel App.
- Now, tap on the Windows Firewall option.
- On the left overlay of the succeeding page, press on Disable or Enable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then, hit Ok and confirm the changes.
Method 2: Change Google’s DNS Server
In lots of cases, the issue occurs due to an incompatible DNS address with Microsoft’s servers. In order to resolve it, follow the listed essential points.
- Firstly, press Win + R hotkey on your system.
- On the Run dialogue box, write ncpa.cpl in the vacant area.
- Hit Ok or Enter button on your keyboard.
- On the Internet Connection page, choose the active Network Adapter.
- Now, head to the Properties.
- After that, tap on TCP/IPv4 (Internet Protocol Version 4).
- Click on Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Insert 22.214.171.124 in the required box.
- In the Set Alternative DNS server, fill 126.96.36.199 in the empty box.
- Hit Ok and confirm the changes.
- At last, restart your Windows system.
Method 3: Use Window Update Troubleshooter
As we know, troubleshooters are powerful tools available in the Windows operating system for eradicating several errors. To resolve the 8024402c issue, pursue the listed steps to utilize the tool in your device.
- Tap on Win +X keys to launch Windows Settings.
- On the following page, click on the Update & Security option.
- Choose Troubleshoot from the options present on the left side.
- Move to the right window, and click on Get up & Running option.
- Then, press on Windows Update to expand.
- Hereafter, click on Run the troubleshooter option.
- On the succeeding page, tap on Detect problems and apply the fixes.
- Sit tight and wait until the scanning process wraps up.
- When the error detected, follow the on-screen instruction to remove.
- Once done, restart your Windows device.
Method 4: Install Updated .NET Framework
For cases where the updates and the internet are involved, the newest version of the .NET framework is essential. See the underneath guidelines to make this solution work.
- Open any proffered internet browser on your device.
- Click on the Address bar and visit the manufacturer site.
- On the succeeding webpage, look for necessary updates.
- Then, download the latest version and install it as well.
- Once finished, press the Win + R button on your keyboard.
- On the Run dialogue box, type Control in the necessary box.
- Head to the Programs & Features.
- Choose Turn Windows on or off.
- Click on .NET Framework is turned on Checkbox.
- Tap Ok and confirm the changes.
- Lastly, restart the Windows system.
Method 5: Turn Off Internet Protocol Version 6
In some scenarios, the Windows update error 8024402c occurs when people turn on IPv6 without having any local gateway for the connection. So, it is highly suggested that to disable it and overcome such hassle in the flick of seconds.
- Open the Run dialogue box, write ncpa.cpl in the text area.
- Hit Ok and launch the Internet Connection window.
- Now, choose an active Network Adapter.
- Tap on the Properties option available at the end of the wizard.
- Hereafter, look for Internet Protocol version 6.
- Press on the Checkbox and click Ok/
- At last, reboot your system and check the problem is fixed or not.
Method 6: Update Disk Drivers
Sometimes, HDD drivers can be the reason behind the Windows Update 8024402c bug. In case your PC possesses the same, then there is no need to worry. Here are the steps that you need to focus on.
- Go to the taskbar search option.
- Write devmgmt.msc in the text area.
- From the search result, click on the best match.
- On the Device Manager, expand the storage or disk device category.
- Tap on the device available in the expanded menu.
- Now, press on Update Driver.
- Select “Search automatically for the updated driver software” option when prompted.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and complete the process.