How to fix “wdf01000.sys” on Windows 10
BSOD errors are one of the most annoying error messages like “wdf01000.sys” that restricts you from opening any application. In this case, the device screen flashes a blue color error screen.
The error “wdf01000.sys” also appears with an error message as:
“STOP_0×00000050: //PAGE-FAULT-IN-NON_PAGED-AREA –_Wdf01000.sys.” This error issue occurs randomly on your device while you try to launch the particular application. There might be some harmful data, or system file is corrupted. It is recommended to check them properly and then move to the troubleshooting procedures.
In case you desire to fix this error message on your device, then pursue these guidelines instantly:
Running System File Checker Scanning
- In the beginning, hit the Windows tab and then press the X key simultaneously.
- After a while, the Window + X menu will expand on your screen.
- Hit the Command Prompt option there and make sure that you have permitted your device to run with Admin access.
- After you are prepared with all the necessary specs, then type the keywords: DISM.exe/Online//Cleanup_image//Restore_health” into the Command screen.
- Hit the Enter key to proceed.
- After that, type “SFC/scannow” into the command window, followed by the Enter button.
- Once SFC scanning is done, you will see a message regarding possible infected files that have fixed by the Resource protection feature of SFC Scanning. If such the case, reboot the device.
Note: The SFC is a powerful tool to detect and fix malicious elements on Windows 10. It also helps to remove BSOD errors so it is placed in the first priority to detect the actual cause behind this error issue.
Running Check Disk Feature on Windows 10
Check Disk scans for various potential issues related to the hardware that helps you to remove the BSOD errors on Windows 10. Follow these guided steps to make this function to run.
- Go to the Taskbar and then press the Cortana tab there.
- After that, type the keyword: “Command Prompt” into the search bar and then hit the Enter tab there.
- Now, you have to make a right mouse click on Command Prompt resulting option and choose the administrator option to give it admin controls.
- After that, type “chkdsk/f” into the search panel and hit the Return tab.
Running Malware Scan Tool
Malwarebytes Scanning tool can be launched by visiting the reliable website and hit the Scan Now tab for detecting the issue.
Malware is also the main culprit in corrupting the system files or device data on your system. Malware causes various errors to erupt on the screen, and it is possible that it’s the reason behind this error issue. So, it is recommended to use a trusted antivirus program to remove various malware and dangerous items that harm your data and device too.
Reinstalling the System’s Software
The method of uninstallation and reinstalling the software again on the device fixes various issues, including the BSOD “wdf01000” error.
- First and foremost, hit the Window symbol tab on the keyboard and hit the R button to launch the Run Dialog box.
- After that, you have to input “appwiz.CPL” into the search section and then tap on the Enter to proceed.
- You will view a new page related to Programs and Features. Hit the program that is corrupted, be it software or any application.
- Then hit the Uninstall tab there.
- After that, press the Yes button as the mark of confirmation.
- Now, reboot the device and laptop too.
- After that, install the software or program that you wish to keep and use on your device. To do so, visit the site of application or software publisher and follow onscreen indications to get it on your device.
- Finally, fulfill all the necessary details that appear via the setup section of software installation.
Launching the Blue Screen Troubleshooting Tool
To fix the “wdf01000.sys” error on Windows 10, Blue Screen Troubleshooter might be a game-changing procedure. To make it possible and running on your device, pursue these guidelines:
- Hit the Cortana tab.
- Now, enter “Troubleshoot” into the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- After that, you will see the option regarding the same. Hit the most matched option to open the troubleshooter on your device.
- After selecting the tool on your device, hit the Run related option there.
- Now, keep it running for some time as it will detect various issues related to the BSOD errors.
Re Registering the Error file
- First and foremost, hit the Cortana application to launch.
- After that, enter the keywords: “Command Prompt” into the search panel and hit the Enter tab.
- Now, choose the best-matched Command and provide full Admin privileges.
- After that, type “regsvr32_C: Windowssyatem_32_drivers_wdf01000.sys” into the page of Command Prompt. Then press the tab “return.”
Aida Martin has diverse interests that range from writing to video games. She has always had a strong passion for writing. She likes to write about games, tech events, security, and whitepapers. Her vast and varied knowledge aided by her supreme writing skills, have made her a powerful writer at webroot.com/safe.