Fixed: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package
Installing the application is a vital part of a device for running a program to perform various tasks, but while installing the application on your device, sometimes the system flashes Windows Installer package error in various forms. This error usually comes with the error “There is a problem with Windows Installer Package,” which is among the prominent annoying errors. In some cases, the error also comes with code indicating the issue. In this case, you need to troubleshoot the error issue.
The Installer Package issue on Windows among the frustrating common errors arising on Windows 10 computers. Most of the time, this error issue comes with various ways and forms; that’s why users get confused on how to tackle the situation.
To solve this error, you have to go through some of the necessary instructions to troubleshoot the error issue on your device:
Running the Device with Admin Controls
First and foremost, you have to run your device under administrative controls, as this is the basic permission requirement for installing third-party applications. Sometimes your system for privacy concerns prevents some malware or infected website or application.
In case you are facing issues such as Installer package error on your device. You are advised to Sign in to your account has administrative controls, and make appropriate changes in the system. If necessary, log in to the alternative account and then made modifications there for the same. Sometimes, improper use of admin controls results in this error issue.
For running your device under admin privileges, apply right click on the package, then make your system to run under admin controls.
Checking Setup Files and Installer
Numerous installation setup methods are available for every application or program. In some cases, the setup files come with EXE (compressed) files. As other way, many accessible files and data in the form of DLL to run the installer package. If any of the files are corrupted, then your system will flash Installer Package error on Windows 10. It might be affected due to malware or corrupted viruses inside the setup storage of your file.
In case any of the installer files get corrupted by malware or viruses, then follow these instructions:
- In the beginning, download the genuine setup file once more on your device.
- After that, uninstall the antivirus program.
- Next, try to install the installation setup file once more.
Note: Be careful while performing setup operations as this might affect your system data if you have performed the wrong way.
Ensure that your system installation file suits the architecture and disk space of your device as it may behave unusually if these don’t match with your system specs.
Running Program Troubleshooting Tool
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooting program, and you are required to run the tool for downloading to troubleshoot installation and uninstallation issues on your device. This tool will check the installation setup file and also detects various issues coming with installation and uninstallation procedures. It would help if you did not worry about the authenticity of the tool as Microsoft solely provides it.
Abide by these indications to know how to download the programs and then use it for removing install and uninstall related issues:
- First and foremost, download the troubleshooter on your desktop.
- After that, launch it to run its troubleshooting features.
- Next, abide by the online directions until it fixes the issue.
- Now, reboot your device and then check that the issue has gone.
Checking Windows Installers for Issues
The third-party application depends on the “MSI” engine as this section is the tool for installing the setup, and maintenance of third party applications. You can do it on your own, and for this task, you don’t need any expert advice as it is very easy to access. Follow the same to perform checking your system installer files:
- First of all, apply the right mouse click on the Start menu. This option is located at the “Power” section.
- Then hit the Command Prompt option there with Admin privileges.
- Now, insert the keywords into the command page:
- Then, hit the Enter tab to proceed.
- In case everything is fine, then you will be able to view the pop-out window having the details for Windows Installer.
Note: In case you view any error issue on your device, then it is directed to register Windows-Installer set up again in the next procedure.
Re Registering Windows Installer
- First and foremost, right-click on the Start button and then select the option Command prompt with Admin controls.
- Go to the Command Window and enter the following keywords:
“msiexec_exe / un_register”
“msiexec_exe / reg_server”
- Now, hit the Enter tab to proceed.
- Next, exit from the Command Window. Then locate the modifications. In case the issue persists, navigate to the navigation section of your Windows and then insert the keywords: “Services.msc,” followed by the Enter tab.
- Now, look for the Windows Installer option. This option will be located at the lowermost section inside the page.
- Then, apply right-tap the Windows Installer and disable it.
- Now, hit the right mouse tap once more and then hit the Start tab there.
- Finally, reboot your device and make sure that the “Windows Installer Package” issue has gone.
Aida Martin has diverse interests that range from writing to video games. She has always had a strong passion for writing. She likes to write about games, tech events, security, and whitepapers. Her vast and varied knowledge aided by her supreme writing skills, have made her a powerful writer at norton.com/setup.