A Guide to Enable the Data Saver Mode on Any Android TV
Are you an Android TV user? Do you want to enable the data saver mode on your smart TV? Google recently introduced the data saver feature for its Android TV, and it seems that it is one of the best functionalities that enable the users to save data. Any of the Android TV users can easily use this feature. And enabling this feature on your smart TV is also an easy task. Google released the data saver functionality with the Android 9 update. However, if you are not on the same version, you can still use this feature by installing a third-party app on your Android TV. Activation of this feature will enable Android TV users to watch three times more content using the same amount of data. This way, you can save a lot of data on your device.
It is an excellent feature for those users who have a limited Wi-Fi data plan or those who tether mobile hotspot to access the content on their smart TV. If you also use an Android TV and want to know how you can enable the data saver feature, you will have to go through this complete article. Here, we have provided you with the method for using the data saver mode on your Android TV. If you want to know about this functionality, then please go through the complete report.
The Method for Enabling the Data Saver Mode on any Android TV
To help you get started with using the data saver feature on your Android TV, here we have explained the complete procedure for that. To activate this feature, you will have to go through the settings on your smart TV. Please take a look at the below-mentioned steps to proceed further:
- On an Android TV running the version Android 9, firstly, go to the “Settings” page and then choose the option of “Network and Internet.”
- Under the Network and Internet menu, go to the option of “Data Saver” that you can find just below your Wi-Fi network.
- On the Data Saver screen, you will find the option to enable the feature. Here, you can also set the data alerts. Setting the data alerts will let you know when the data usage hits the set limit.
- If you own an Android TV model that doesn’t have an in-built data saver option, you can also install the third-party data saver application on your smart TV. To do that, go to the Play Store on your Android TV and search for the “Android TV Data Saver” application to install. It is a free application that you can install on Android TV running Android 8 and higher version.
- After installing the app on your smart TV, you will be able to find the data saver mode under the Settings page. Head to the “Settings” app on your Android TV and then select the “Network and Internet” option from the menu. And after this, go through the “Data Saver” option to complete the process. And that’s all.
So, this way, you can save your data while streaming content on your Android TV. And that’s all from us for now. We will provide you with more tech-related updates in the future. If you like this article, then please check out our website to read more reports like this.
Cherry Watson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.